Each first Tuesday of the month, instead of the usual Jam...
We offer a FIRST TUESDAY UNDERSCORE
Note: No first Tuesday Underscore on July 3 or August 7, 2018.
July 3 - Regular, 8-10pm schedule at the church.
Aug 7 - Outdoor Jam. Details to be announced.
What is the Underscore? It is a focused structure essentially based on what we regularly do at jams. It requires a basic understanding of Contact Improvisation and participation in a introductory, "talk-through", at least once, before you attend an Underscore. (The talk-through is also open to any that want to review the practice.)
More about the Underscore, here.
The Underscore is a focused practice.
- We strive to have a sense of the whole dance - the participants and the space.
- We go through the series of stages of the Underscore, more or less, as a group.
- We arrive at the beginning and stay until the end of an Underscore.
(Please don't come for just part of the evening.)
- We don't interact conversationally during the main part of the Underscore. Also, before making loud noises, please consider that what might be pleasing to you, may well be a distraction to others.
The schedule for First Tuesday Underscores
- 6:30pm Doors open
- 6:45-7:30pm Talk-through (This will start on time. Please be prompt)
- 7:30pm Gather for the "pow wow". We begin the practice together.
(If you have already participated in a talk-through you may arrive and warm up as early as 6:30. Just be ready to begin at 7:30pm.)
- 9:45pm Final resolution. We end the movement practice together, and move into reflection, then group sharing which ends at about 10:15.
- 10:30pm Out of the building
Cost structure for the evening (pay at the door, only)
- $10-25 sliding scale. Please pay as much as you can so we can meet our expenses and still make this event as affordable as possible.
For details, email Max and Paul at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a video by Nancy about the underscore: try this YouTube Link.
(Note: Watching this video does not constitute having participated in a talk-through.)
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!